Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mom

My dearest mother is upset with me. Some trifling reason or the other. Well deserved as well, I'm sure. Whenever mom gets upset with me, I get into a state of panic. This is because I really love my mom.
I think mom for me is my reality check on life - whenever I get too morose she lights up my day by knowing EXACTLY the right thing to say or do. When I get too drunk on enthusiasm or arrogance she brings me back to earth with the deftest of touches.
The best thing about her (apart from her cooking i.e.) is also slightly scary - Mom is the only person on Earth who knows me inside out. She knows me better than I do myself! Therefore I always have someone who knows exactly how I'm doing or what I'm feeling. There are times when I wanted to hide things from her, or not communicate civilly. A stupid thing to do, really. For two reasons -
1) she knows the best answer to the problem
2) she will know anyway
Fights with her have become far and few between, ever since I recognized that to me she is worth much more than anything else on Earth or heaven. This happy state of affairs though is a recent phenomenon - in the past I would always look for a good fight with her. For those times I really am sorry. Want to tell her so in many words but somehow never get around to saying it.
There are times when I want to buy her all the happiness in the world, but never tell her so. For someone who makes my life worth living surely deserves that and much more.
So here's to you mom!!
I love you :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot hold back my tears on reading your feelings for me. you came into this world through me and you have brought me immeasurable happiness by just being there. I am so proud of you not because of your achievements but because you are basically a simple and innocent person at heart. you are and will always remain my top priority.I care not for anything in the world but ur happiness because you deserve to be happy.I love you

Tambourine Man said...

That's some of the most touching lines I ever read. It's different when you read such stuff in books; books do not feel anywhere as real as blogs of people we know.

Maybe thats why we read blogs, after all. In a world where handwritten mail has almost died, blogs may be as personal as it gets..