- Statistically speaking, all girls in Delhi are called either a) Pooja or b) Neha
- All taxi drivers in Delhi are thieves
- Bhojpuri movies' 'dashing young heroes' are usually middle aged, balding and paunchy men
- There is a thriving satta bazaar in Delhi
- Mumbai goons have no chance against a) Delhi police and b) the Delhi chill
- Cyrus Broacha is funnier in real life than in a funny role
All these were gleaned from a watching of the latest (and only in a long long time!) Bollywood noveau middle house cinema offering - to wit - 99.
The movie is a good timepass watch, entertaining in parts, and with good, believeable characters (except Soha Ali Khan as the eponymous Pooja, in a role so wooden that environmental enthusiasts will embrace her as worth preservation!). Mahesh Manjarekar, Vinod Khanna, Boman Irani and a really good guy called 'Kuber' provide solid performances. The scripting is good, and the situations (while over the top) are believeable.
Definitely worth a dekko.