Friday, September 15, 2006

Virtual thrills

Air hockey is one of my favourite games. There is something thrilling about a vigorous game against an active opponent. For those of you who are new to this name, air hockey is a common sight at most malls. Here is a photo.

I think air hockey is the ideal game to get one up and running. It is very similar to life, in the sense that
1) the proactive players usually have an edge
2)you cannot plan too far ahead and
3) its very easy to score self goals
I can never play just one game of air hockey. Indeed it takes a couple of games to just free up my arms. The next game lets me strategize the right angles and tangents to aim my shots. After that I spend a couple of games wondering why my strategy is not working!! Eventually I 'go with the flow' and let my reflexes take over. And that is when the real results start coming in.
One thing I really aspire to do in life is 'go with the flow'!! Its usually very difficult to do, but once you get the hang of it you can never settle for anything else.

1 comment:

Alam said...

we should play some time