Tuesday, October 31, 2006

An idyllic day

This weekend has been one of the best ever. This was mainly because I had nothing much to do over the weekend. Mom was not in town and papa had work to be done that took most of the weekend. So I had no formal agenda to follow..

The weekend kicked off in grand style with an official party on Friday night. The tequila was flowing and I helped myself to several mojitos at the fascinating rooftop restaurant at the Oberoi in Delhi. As is wont, this led to some intellectually stimulating conversation with a group of close friends, the subject of which I do not seem to recall in the least :-). As I dragged myself into bed at two am, I thanked God that it was friday.

Saturday morning saw me wake up to a glorious day. I fixed myself a delicious breakfast of Maggi noodles and toast with tea and ate with gusto. I think it was the weather that caused me to sing out loud as I was cooking - clear blue sky, cool breeze, benign warm sunshine! It was the ideal day for a drive. So I picked up my car keys and headed out to the great unknown...

After driving aimlessly for a couple of hours, I landed at one of the new malls in Gurgaon, which has a HUGE bookstore. This bookstore is particularly good, since they stock good books new or old. I spent a couple of hours browsing around and finally bought a book called 'Running Money', which is the amusing story and experiences of a guy who ran his own hedge fund in Silicon Valley (more on this in a later post).

After that I met a friend for coffee and generally chatted about this and that. Time flowed so smoothly that I did not realise when it turned dark and was time to get home. Got back home to a great meal of microwaved frozen stuff that mom had left in the fridge. I then settled down with a cup of tea and the book I had bought, and spent a pleasant couple of hours reading up.

It was soon time to sleep and I dreamt of days like this in the future :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems i should go more often!!:)

Anonymous said...

aah blissful dude. its been AGES since i felt that kind of peace of mind!

Dr. Seema Kumar said...

Was the bookstore in Gurgaon that you have mentioned about by any chance 'Crossword' at 'Galaxy'?

Nothing Spectacular said...

Dear Seema:
this bookstore is in the Grand Mall in a store called Landmark.

Anonymous said...

Of what are you talking?
hydrocodone withdrawal