Sunday, January 28, 2007

Driving again

Posting after a long time. Another long drive, another epiphany.

I was thinking about the current (latest!!) tumult in life, when I thought of two very different people, both going through very tough times. And yet smiling their way through it. And determined to come out on top.

Also, I happen at this time to be reading a strange book called 'The Greatness Guide', written by the latest self help guru in the USofA. This book is full of cliches and I would never have read it had it not been a birthday gift! The surprise is that this person - who is thought to be so successful at helping others improve their personal and professional lives - has had a turbulent and tough time in his own personal life. The insight is that everyone - but everyone - has problems.

Therefore, the epiphany (for me) is to stop taking myself so seriously. Considering that I am one of six billion, in a planet which is like 7 others (poor Pluto has been 'plutoed' last year), going around a sun which is a mid sized average kind of sun, like a billion others, in a galaxy which is like a million billion others, in a universe (I'm not really sure there are more than one - whatever Richard Bach may say!!) ... I think I've belaboured the point enough.

Whatever it is that disturbs me, is really so trivial that its not worth thinking about.
Here's to more driving!!

No comments: