Monday, February 26, 2007

The embarrassing truth...

Last week I was in Bhubaneshwar. Quite a happening town - right from proximity to the Konark Temple and the beautiful beach town on Puri - to great fish - to a town which is beginning to boom. But that is not why I will remember Bhubaneshwar!

The truth - and it must prevail :-) - is that I had a huge adventure while in Bhubaneshwar. In my hurried and addle-minded condition while leaving home for the airport, I forgot to take along my carelessly packed suitcase for the trip!! I realized this just as I reached the airport, and since there was not enough time to go back and get it, I decided to display a maddening lack of any sense and a philosopher's sense of equanimity, and went right ahead with a smile and a song.

Judicious scheduling of laundry, a few purchases to increase GDP of the city, the state, and the country and an attitude of derring-do enabled me to spend my three days in Bhubaneshwar without incident. However, more challenge was on the horizon.

I had to go from Bhub to Bombay via Calcutta, and attend an official meeting there. The travel schedules would create havoc with my careful rationing of clothes!! That is when my business suit came in handy - I now have empirical evidence to state that in a business suit, no one notices the shirt :-)

So it was a case of all's well that ends well. Here's to more such adventures (with clothes this time, hopefully!!)

No comments: