Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Another lost opportunity!

While driving today from Faridabad to Gurgaon, I saw this brightly painted truck with a logo on it proclaiming 'Chatak Chaat' - lokkal Indian. This intrigued me quite a bit.

So when I did a quick google search on this name, I got to know that it is a new (soon to be coming?) fast food chain with outlets in Delhi, Gurgaon and Nodia, with a central kitchen in Faridabad which supplies semi cooked food to the front ends.

Also got to know that the promoters are planning a high end wedding management chain, which would also branch out into beauty health spas and a coutoure lifestyle brand.
Now these are ideas which I thought would be sure fire successes (of course given immaculate execution). But I have not done anything about my bright ideas, and therefore Chatak Chat - India's 'lokkal' food chain - has stolen a march!

Never mind, I'm sure there is plenty of space for more than one player in this market!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vishesh, you have officially lost it!

Anonymous said...

Will you believe it if i said i was studying this model and did any entrepreneurship project on the same at insead...?

Anonymous said...

i can vouch for bisht though i think indians dont really appreciate good mexican food. of course there is space for many players in this market. Indians are total foodies!