Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Media rules

Usually when I'm suffering from fever, my mind keeps buzzing with random thoughts and this usually makes it difficult to concentrate on any one thing. Even with slight fever, I had two thoughts today with some kind of business potential - one is actually an old idea, but I tried to put some thought behind it to see how far I could go with it. Interestingly enough, the idea deals with media and how it can be leveraged. I also bounced it off a good friend, and found some support there.

To cut a long story short, the idea is quite simple - it is essentially an advertising revenue driven business model, with low cost outsourced operations. The initial investment required is actually not too much, but the business would not scale rapidly. It would require significant time investment, and I'm sure it is not unique in any way. But I take heart from the fact that most businesses are about execution anyway. I'm excited enough to undertake some rough market research, but I would like to have a proof of concept ready to gauge authentic reactions. I hope I can sustain enthusiasm long enough to make something out of this!!

The other idea I had is still to be fully baked - it is a sub plot in the storyline of my magnum opus :-). Actually I'm not sure if the magnum opus should be a big fat novel or a nice collection of short stories. Certainly the latter is lower effort. But its too early to speak about that!

Today was also the day my friend (and freelance writer) Shraman inspired me to take a crack at a cool idea. This one, I suspect, would be very satisfying creatively, but not so rewarding monetarily.

To sum up, I've got three damn good ideas. Now I need to GET MOVING.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dont let laziness diffuse this enthusiasm.. Good luck !

Me