Monday, March 26, 2007

Random analysis

My buddy Alam commented that I was posting much more frequently these days. I decided to test this assertion. Here is a graph showing the distribution of my 66 posts on this blog (including this one). This graph shows (on the columns) the number of posts per month, and (on the line) the average days per post for each month. Clearly, Alam is correct when he says that postings in March are frequent - as can be seen on the RHS y axis, the average post has been occuring every 3.2 days since the inception of this blog, and the March numbers are pretty close to the average. Clearly, September was an aberration, since I posted a flurry of articles in the first romantic blush of blogging. Oct - Dec were normal months, but Jan and Feb really brought down the average (perhaps because I was mentally disturbed? who knows? - interestingly this means that I'm in good mental health in March!!)

What this graph also tells me is that I'm quite inanely (is there such a word?) analytical and should be spending time on better things!!

4 comments:

Monsieur K said...

Never mind Alam's observation that prompted this analysis, but do keep blogging whenever you feel like. The variety of topics along with your interesting perspectives, makes your blog a good read & really worthwhile to follow.

~Ketan

Alam said...

Agree with Keku
keep the keyboard tikking ... in the old days Faiz Ahmed Faiz had put this spirit in the following words

ham paravarish-e-lauh-o-qalam karate rahe.nge
jo dil pe guzaratii hai raqam karate rahe.nge

Anonymous said...

Take a break. NOW !!
dont stop blogging though.

Me

Anonymous said...

Having read your last 3 posts i am truly gettng worried about you. Expect a call from me soon