Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The dome

I have not updated my blog in a long time, primarily because I have been in Mumbai for a couple of weeks and have been doing the usual office-hotel-office routine that leaves such little time for creativity. However, there is one good thing that I have experienced during my stay here which is worth a mention.

And that is the Dome. The dome is a rooftop open air bar at the Intercontinental Hotel, overlooking Marine Drive. Nice seating, a pleasant breeze and nice drinks characterize this hang out. I was at the dome on a leisurely Sunday evening, and the sight of the sun setting into the sea was extraordinarily beautiful. The skyline in the distance and the absence of the normal road noises made the moment quite magical (though I'm sure the large quantities of vodka I had imbibed also helped).

Although I've heard that the food is not great, it is a must-visit, if you need to surround yourself in beauty and contemplate the meaning of life, the universe and everything!
I think I will visit again this week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forget to mention the extra-ordinary company my friend... not to forget sighting of the north pole itself !

Nothing Spectacular said...

Ha ha!! Of course... how could I forget the north pole?? Or the cartoons?