Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ridiculous rhymes

Andre's profile on orkut is frequently refreshed with some poetry. This is what he has there currently (among other things):

A man of Chicago named Young,
Who once, when his nerves were unstrung,
Put his mother (unseen)
In the chopping-machine,
And canned her and labelled her "Tongue"

Quite macabre!! But this led me to google for limericks, and here is one collection of truly wacky stuff: http://www.geocities.com/ridiculousrhymes/morelimericks.html

A sample of the stuff on offer:

There was this bizarre young fella
Who had a magic umbrella.
When he went on a plane,
And the engine caught flame,
His umbrella became a propella

I know this strange young lass
Whose body is made of glass.
Whe she stands in a queue
She does not block the view,
But she's still no easier to walk past

I have this friend called "Stink"
Who would wash his brain in the sink.
But the daily routine
Of keeping it clean
Played havoc with his ability to think

I once met a friend of Ned's,
Who had one hundred heads.
For the body to walk,
The heads had to talk
About who had control of the legs

And more risque stuff:

There was a young man from Australia
With incredibly huge genitallia.
He went off to France
For some extra large pants,
And they said "when we get some, we'll mail-ya"

I think I should try my hand at writing some :-)

No comments: