Friday, July 27, 2007

What did I do right?

I usually track the milage I'm getting from my car quite religiously. The last few weeks I've been driving around quite a lot, and therefore I have been filling up the tank each time. I buy a thousand bucks worth of premium petrol each time (gives around 22 - 22.2 litres).

The milage I got the last 6 times has been (with AC on 100% of the time) -
  1. 362 km
  2. 368 km
  3. 362 km (this was 1k worth of normal petrol, therefore more litres)
  4. 182 km (with Rs 500 of petrol)
  5. 362 km
  6. 398 km!!
I'm wondering what I did right this time!! This was the first time I've used BPCL Speed (mainly to participate in a lucky draw that has a Mauritius trip as prize on petrol fill up of a thousand bucks). Or maybe it has to do with the fact that a divine power wants to compensate me for the fines I've been paying recently.

Now, in my whole driving life, I have never been fined or had any mishaps. I've been told I drive well. And yet in the last 3 weeks, I have paid out to traffic policemen the following amounts -
  1. Rs 500 (talking on a mobile phone while driving)
  2. Rs 900 (speeding at 71 kmph - the speed limit is apparently 50!!)
  3. Rs 600 (damaged number plate - some retard actually got kicks out of scratching out a character from my number plate)

I dont know if its luck or Delhi police in need of funds. Any which way, I'm a more careful driver this week!!

1 comment:

SeedhiBaat said...

Hmmmm.... maybe BPCL is upto some trick... you know how it used to be rumored about Reliance when they launched their petrol pumps on highways- they allegedly injected extra petrol and made you believe that their petrol gave better mileage !

Me