Thursday, September 25, 2008

Irony

As mentioned earlier, I quite enjoyed Rock On, the movie. This was primarily because of its songs. In a smart move, the movie ended (just before the credits) with an exhortation to the lines of 'Don't download the music, buy the CD'. This was, in my humble opinion, a spectacular marketing stunt. I was just making a mental reminder to myself to get the songs, and I determined then and there that I would buy the music instead of filch it off the internet.

Thus began my travails. Most of my music listening happens in the car, as I drive. I have only a cassette player / FM stereo system installed, so buying the CD was not really warranted. I have searched, so far, in no less that 4 music stores - and have not found the CD, let alone a cassette. The wife has tried obtaining the music too, unfortunately with the same fate. Dont know if it is luck or poor distribution on the part of Big Music (the company that bought the music rights of the movie)

I have since (shamefully, I must confess) downloaded the songs from the internet, and the wife has burnt a CD which she keeps in her car (she has a magnificent 10 CD changer there). Yet I am condemned to scour the FM channels for the songs of Rock On. I remain hopeful though!!

No comments: