Friday, June 24, 2011

Chennai!

It has now been approximately 4 weeks since I have moved full time to Chennai. A very interesting 4 weeks indeed! In which I have had to deal with rouge auto drivers, a missing truck and the possibility of my entire household being stolen!

I now (almost) answer the phone saying Vishesh paseraen, have meals consisting exclusively of either idli, parotta korma or upma and can manoeuvre easily in and around Alwarpet, Teynampet and Mylapore.

I have been to all (of the 2) hotspots in Chennai - all of which would not be a patch on the shadiest pub in Nayi Dilli. Surprise surprise - I have also been denied admission to one of aforementioned places because it was women's night!!! I have marvelled at the people taking pictures with extended families inside airplanes and airports because they think that is so cool!

In short, Chennai has been pretty nice. May it retain its small town feel

1 comment:

Bland Spice said...

:) nice