Friday, January 13, 2012

Portents to a New Year

2012 has begun, and boy! has it been all wrong! Work, family, health - all fronts have taken a severe beating. Hopefully this is an aberration which will not last too long. Even my first post in the year is causing me trouble (i'm typing this on a blackberry and cannot get capital letters to show up)

Anyhow, ups and downs are part of life. Writing helps me vent out some of the stress, which is why I often find myself writing about generally unpleasant things. In keeping with my theme for this year, I'm trying to LET GO of all the stress and fears and unpleasantness. Why worry? I have gone through multiple situations in life which I thought would break me up (and perhaps they have!), but Hey! Tomorrow IS indeed another day

Another thing I'm trying to let go of this year is my desire to punt. Providing short term excitement, and always leading to long term pain, this habit is very pernicious. I have tried thrice before to give it up, and each time I have succumbed to the siren. Hopefully this year is going to be different!

In a random conversation, I was recently asked which were the best years of my life. Thinking about this, I was overcome with nostalgia about my time as an engineering student. Little money, no certainty, but dreams of world conquest! Anything was possible! My present was no obstacle to my future.

Now there is a big contrast. All my thinking is incremental and linear. My present is defining my future. Sigh! I sure hope my best days are yet to come. Otherwise life would have been pathetically futile!

Another random thought - is there a God. I mean, a plan? A method to life? And if there is one, is He benevolent? Or is He indifferent? Or, like the ancients of this country believed, is He all too human? So far I have believed in a benevolent God, but sometimes this belief gets tested.

Anyway, enough ramblings for the day. Tomorrow, here I come!

5 comments:

Priya V Navaneeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hanzila said...

You should not let go of the letter a moment longer and you would have it in capitals... :)

Nothing Spectacular said...

thanks Hanzila!
I was typing on the blogger.com site through the bb browser, so the keeping pressed thing did not work. Nor did copy and paste!!

Anonymous said...

I think this is among the most vital info for me. And i'm glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The website style is ideal, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers
King 650 Diplomat Series Bb Flugelhorn, 650 Lacquer

Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem really easy along with your presentation however I find this matter to be actually something that I believe I'd never understand. It kind of feels too complicated and very large for me. I am having a look forward for your subsequent post, I will try to get the hold of it!
Sorel Women's Cate The Great Boot