Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Things I am looking forward to

I am not on Facebook (yet!). I probably never will be, at least not till I'm forced to get on to be in touch with my (then) college-going daughter. However, this does not prevent me from getting swept in the hype of the proposed mega IPO for Facebook, supposed to launch as soon as this week; with the listing in a few months. The media is already calling it the biggest IPO in history (and perhaps future as well). Let us see how the markets take to this mega company, which in all probability does not make any money, but will be valued more than Walt Disney, Bank of America and much more than Reliance Industries or ONGC

One thing I regularly do when abroad is to visit Starbucks. Both the wife and I (the wife perhaps even more than I) love the coffee there. Therefore I am excited to learn that Starbucks will open its first store in India in a few months from now. I just hope they are able to keep quality consistent. The Baristas and Cafe Coffee Days started with promise, but have degenerated to extremely patchy consistency. I hope Starbucks is able to avoid the franchisee route and offer the same QoS that one gets in the US, Europe or Singapore

No comments: