Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Narendra Modi for PM

I am just leaving Ahmedabad, having spent slightly less than 20 hours in the city on the business trip. What I saw of the city has impressed me quite significantly.

The city is very clean, with almost no garbage on the roads. The Sabarmati has been made pretty, apparently with water from the Narmada! The slums along the embankment have all been cleared out, and construction is on in full swing for a park and a promenade along the picturesque river. The airport is efficient, and personnel friendly. Almost everyone I spoke to praised Modi for his administrative acumen. The businessmen I had gone to meet claimed there was little / no corruption in their dealings with the govt.

Now, the guy may not be secular, and may have strange views on malnutrition among women. But is that enough to condemn him? He is a fantastic administrator, from whatever I can see. India needs someone like him, and not a dithering, inactive and geriatric prime minister.

My vote for PM goes to Narendra Modi!

4 comments:

SeedhiBaat said...

I agree that an Indian PM needs the administrative qualities of Modi. But GDP growth rate (and invisible slums) is not the only indicator of a society's progress, is it ?

In the past 4 years of marriage, I have had a few glimpses of life on the minority side. And that too for a well educated Indian who falls in the 1% elite. Those glimpses have been ugly, leaving a bitter aftertaste. Not being able to rent or buy a house in own name even in India's most cosmopolitan city is one example.

Do I want an efficient fast growing India that has no place for my husband ? Think not.

Nothing Spectacular said...

Totally agree, MJ. Discrimination on any basis is heinous and deplorable. Perhaps the problem is with our 'most cosmopolitan city'. My wife had such a tough time finding accommodation there (single, woman, not Christian / Mallu / Gujju / Marathi etc etc) that she hates the city to this day!

SeedhiBaat said...

That's surprising. Renting was never an issue for me there !

What I was trying to say is that the reason most of us are so forgiving of Modi's rabidness is because we are not at the receiving end of it. So while the good roads and administrative efficiency dazzle us, his dark side remains alien/distant to us.

Unknown said...

“If we want to build a grand Gujarat, I will need your support. Forget all candidates. I am your candidate,”
This are the words of Mr. Narendra Maodi and it means that modi believes that where their is BJP in Gujarat he is always their for everyone. That's the spirit of great soldier Narendra Modi...
A man who deserve to be PM of India
ModiforPM