Friday, November 27, 2009

The end of a dream?

Today I spotted a Toyota Fortuner on the road - the first time I saw the car outside of a picture or a website.

Unfortunately for me, it was quite a disappointment! I first mistook it for some version of the Innova, then double checked the name, and finally figured that the damn thing does not remotely resemble a power-packed animal. No doubt it is very efficient and indeed powerful, it just does not look so! I think the key factor is the ground clearance - our desi cars have high clearance and a higher back, while the firang cars (while more elegant) have lower centers of gravity and rounded backs. A bit of crudeness is missing!

Give me the Scorpio or the Safari anyday (till then I can dream about the Land Rover and the Audi Q7)!

Some photographs:
Fortuner:

Land Rover:
Q7:
Scorpio:
Tata Safari:

1 comment:

gayatri said...

Agree with the Fortuner, total disappointment. Just checked it on roads. Now waiting for this new SUV from tata's to come. Looks better than Fortuner and is half the price.